Calories Per Serve: 193
Time To Prepare: 10 minutes
- 10 cloves garlic, smashed (approx 1 whole bulb)
- 2 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated turmeric
- 1 litre chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 litre water
- 500 g free range / organic chicken breast, cut into chunks (see notes on using whole chicken)
- 2 bunches coriander, chopped
- ¼ cup mirin or rice wine (optional but delicious)
- 3 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- Combine the garlic, turmeric, ginger, stock, water and chicken into a large pot.
- Simmer for 5 10 minutes over a low heat until chicken is cooked through and flavours have infused into the stock.
- Add mirin, tamari and coriander just before serving. Serve in large bowls and sip slowly. Enjoy.
- Vegetarians can use vegetable stock in place of chicken stock and use organic silken tofu in place of the chicken to boost protein.
- Fresh turmeric is available from your local grocer. If using dry then only use 1/4 teaspoon but fresh is best for it’s anti-viral properties.
- Other vegetables can be added if you like such as shiitake mushroom, spinach, kale.
Recipe adapted from Teresa Cutter The Healthy Chef
Nutritional Information Per Serve:
Protein: 27 g