Calories per serve: 99.4
Time To Prepare: 15 minutes
- 300 g green peas (can use frozen, but defrost first)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 2 organic / free range eggs
- Zest 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut flour
- Pinch of sea salt and pepper
- Smash the green peas roughly either by hand or by using a blender or food processor. Make sure to keep it chunky as this is not a puree.
- Combine the smashed peas into a bowl with parsley, egg, lemon zest and coconut flour. The coconut flour will thicken the mix and allow it to hold its shape when cooking. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a pan over a low heat with a little olive oil.
- Cook spoonfuls of pea fritter mixture much as you would pikelets or small pancakes. You should get about 6 green pea fritters.
- REMEMBER it’s important to cook them over a low gentle heat on each side until golden and cooked through.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon and enjoy. You can also accompany with leafy greens or steamed vegetables and cold pressed olive oil and lemon to drizzle.
Recipe adapted from Teresa Cutter The Healthy Chef
Nutritional Info Per Fritter:
Protein: 8.3 g
Coconut flour is available from most health food stores. It can also be replaced with other gluten free flours such as almond meal or brown rice flour. Quantities of almond meal or rice flour will need to double just enough so that the fritter will hold its shape when cooked