Nutrition Fact: A sneaky way to feel like you are having a pancake splurge without the post sugar guilt or low. These pancakes contain low amounts of sugar, with most coming from the banana and the small amount of maple syrup!
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 1 1/3 cup rolled oats (GF oats/flour works too!)
- 1/3 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 ripe banana (mashed)
- 2/3 cup milk (nut milk works as a DF alternative)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tsps. maple syrup
- banana slices/blueberry/natural yoghurt (to serve)
- Place oats in blender and blend until you get a rough flour. Remove and place in bowl. Blend walnuts until they are fine- textured powder- try not to over blend as they will turn in to a nut butter! Place oat and walnut flour in a large bowl and add baking soda and salt.
- Add banana, vanilla, oil and maple to blender and blend until combined. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until the two are well mixed.
- Let batter sit for 20 minutes at room temperature. This resting time will help produce a lighter pancake.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and cook 2 to 3 pancakes at a time, depending on the size of pancake you desire and the pan you are cooking on. Even out each pancake using the back of a spoon.
- Reduce heat to low and cook on the underside for approximately 4 to 5 minutes. These pancakes will take longer than your regular. Check to see if the bottom has browned, if so flip and cook on the other side until crispy and browned. It is fine to remove the pancake even if the centre is slightly moist.
- Cover pancakes with foil on plate and place on a tray in warm oven. This will help to give the inside of the pancake time to firm.
- Serve with your choice of fruit, maple syrup and or/yoghurt! Enjoy!
This recipe was developed for Studio Pilates by Kristin Murray from Lifestyle Nutrition. Kristin is a Brisbane based nutritionist who is passionate about providing education in the science behind nutrition and healthy eating. Through Lifestyle Nutrition, Kristin creates and provides recipes that are achievable in the fast-paced world we live in and she hopes to inspire you to find your own sustainable healthy routine!