Eggs are a great way to start the day – they are dairy free, gluten free and full of amazing Omega-3 to give you healthy skin, hair and nails! To seal the deal, eggs are also incredibly filling, helping to keep your fuel levels up until lunch time and avoiding those 10.30am snacking thoughts!
Calories Per Serve: 143
Time To Prepare: 20 minutes
- 1/2 medium onion, minced
- 3 medium cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 medium tomato diced
- 3 large eggs
- 3 TBS chopped fresh basil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Mince onions and press garlic. Sauté onion over medium low heat for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add garlic and mushrooms and continue to sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add 1 TBS tomato, salt, and pepper and cook for another minute. Stir well, and gently scrape pan with a wooden spoon to remove any slight burning.
- Beat eggs well, and season with salt and pepper. Mix in chopped basil. Pour eggs over vegetables evenly and turn heat to low. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes, or until firm. Cut into wedges and serve.
Recipe adapted from the World’s Healthiest Foods
Nutritional Information Per Serve:
Protein: 10.64 g