|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 small shallot onion (finely diced)
- 3-4 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 4 heaped tbsp peanut butter (100% natural)
- 1 splash fish sauce
- 400 mL coconut milk (canned)
- 1 lemon (juice)
- 2 cups of cooked quinoa (cook as per package directions)
- 2 cups broccoli (riced)
- 2 cups cauliflower (riced)
- olive oil (extra virgin)
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 400 grams chicken thighs (cut into 2cm pieces)
- coconut oil (for frying)
- fresh coriander (chopped, to serve)
- spring onions (finely chopped, to serve)
- Pre-cook quinoa and set aside.
- Prepare the satay sauce. In a frying pan over low - medium heat saute shallots and garlic in coconut oil for a 1 - 2 minutes or until softened.
- Add peanut butter and stir to combine.
- Add fish sauce, coconut milk and 1/2 lemon juice and stir through until well combined. Add remaining lemon juice to liking.
- Reduce heat and gently stir until thick and creamy or consistency to liking is achieved. Keep warm and set aside. Adjust lemon and seasoning to liking.
- Pan fry chicken thighs in coconut oil until cooked through.
- Pan fry broccoli and cauliflower rice in olive oil. Add a splash of water and cover. Stir regularly until tender. Stir through quinoa.
- Serve quinoa veggie rice onto plates and add with chicken. Top with satay sauce and finish with coriander and spring onions.
Casey-Lee Lyons is a naturopath, nutritionist, recipe developer and founder of Live Love Nourish. She is passionate about inspiring health and happiness through easy-to-understand nutritional and lifestyle advice. Casey-Lee’s refreshing approach to gluten, dairy and sugar-free nutrition has helped many people improve their health, increase energy, find their natural weight, improve gut and digestive health, balance hormones, heal cravings and more.
Instagram @livelovenourishaus Facebook @livelovenourish