When it comes to creating healthy habits, too often the first thing we forget to do is schedule in regular time for self-care. Contrary to popular belief, self-care is not selfish and while it’s great to commit to regular exercise (like regular classes at Studio Pilates) and nourish your body with wholefoods, purposefully setting some time aside for yourself will improve both your physical and mental health.
According to Google, searches for the term ‘self-care’ have more than doubled since 2015 – proving that now more than ever people are starting to focus on putting practices in place to stop ourselves from burning the candle at both ends.
Whether you have 10 minutes, 2 hours or a full day to devote to self-care, below are a couple of different ways you can get that self-love flowing. Remember self-love is something that looks different on everybody, so what works for one, might not work for you.
Here are 15 self-care ideas for busy women:
- Go for a walk without your phone
- Soak in a warm bath (we love the Clean Skin Coconut and Rose Petal soak)
- Spend 10-15 minutes stretching
- Get a manicure/pedicure (or DIY at home)
- Buy yourself flowers
- Do a facemask (we love this Clean Skin Pink Clay Mask)
- Get a massage
- Create a playlist of all your favourite songs
- Put on an outfit that makes you feel really good
- Bake something delicious from scratch
- Have a pampering spa day
- Swim in the ocean
- Watch an inspirational Ted Talk
- Do a hair mask
- Watch a compilation of funny videos on YouTube
Clean Skin Organics is a proud Studio Pilates Amplify Challenge Partner and is an award winning, luxury Australian skincare band with 100% natural and organic skincare. For more information, head to https://www.cleanskinorganics.com/