Calories Per Serve: 249
Time To Prepare: 30 minutes
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in 2-inch pieces
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 inch sliced fresh ginger, sliced (or 1/2 tsp dried ginger)
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 5 star anise
- 1/2 tsp dried fennel seeds
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped in big pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped in big pieces
- 6 whole medium dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1 lb green beans, ends cut off
- 1/2 cup minced spring onions
- Sauté onion in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add garlic and continue to sauté for another minute. Add chicken stock, ginger, cloves, cinnamon stick, star anise, fennel seeds, and shiitake mushrooms. Turn heat to medium and simmer for 15 minutes.
- While broth is simmering, cut ends off beans and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Strain broth mixture (saving shiitake mushrooms) and put liquid back into pan. Bring to a boil, add chicken pieces and green beans, and cook on medium heat for 7-10 minutes. You may need to skim the surface a little while chicken pieces are cooking. Slice shiitake mushrooms and add to chicken and broth. Add scallion as well as salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe adapted from the World’s Healthiest Foods
Nutritional Information Per Serve: