Calories Per Serve: 121
Time To Prepare: 20 minutes
Serves: Makes 12, 2 fritters per serve
- 500g zucchini, grated
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 bunch parsley chopped (60 g)
- 1 bunch mint chopped (20g)
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- Good pinch sea salt
- Generous grind of black pepper
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup (50 g) almond meal*
*Almond meal alternatives:
- 50 g of brown rice flour or chickpea flour can replace almond meal in this recipe.
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour can replace almond meal in this recipe
- Place the grated zucchini into a colander. Sprinkle with a just little sea salt and mix through (not too much salt just a nice pinch). Let sit for 10 minutes
- Squeeze out all the moisture from the zucchini with your hands.
- Place the zucchini into a large bowl. Add parsley, mint, peas, spring onion, pepper, lemon zest, eggs and almond meal or the other alternative flours if using.
- Mix well until combined. At this stage it’s good to test cook a fritter to make sure it holds together well. Add a touch more almond meal or alternative flour if you need it.
- Cook fritters in a pan over a medium heat in a little olive oil for 2 minutes each side or until cooked through.
Recipe adapted from Teresa Cutter The Healthy Chef
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Protein: 4 g