We’ve all heard that saying food is fuel, and what you refuel your body with post workout plays a big part in both your recovery and your results. The perfect post workout snack should contain a combination of protein and carbohydrates to restore the glycogen that your muscles just depleted during your workout. The ideal snacking window is within 30-60 minutes of completing your workout.
Here are some of our favorite high protein post workout snacks to have on hand, that will help you correctly refuel after your next Pilates class.
High Protein Post Workout Snacks:
- Sliced banana and peanut butter
- Rice cakes with cottage cheese and honey
- Greek yogurt and strawberries
- Hummus and veggie sticks
- Tuna on a piece of wholegrain toast
- Celery sticks with peanut butter
- Handful of raw nuts and dried fruit
- Rice cakes with almond butter
- Boiled egg on a slice of wholegrain toast
- Protein smoothie containing 1 x banana, 1 scoop of protein power & some almond milk
- Roasted chickpeas
- Low sugar fruit and nut bar