The combination of lamb, kale and eggs in this frittata recipe provide an excellent protein hit to start creating those lean muscles!
Calories Per Serve: 293
Time To Prepare: 20 minutes
- 1/2 medium onion, minced
- 4 medium cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 lb ground lamb or turkey
- 3 cups rinsed and finely chopped kale (stems removed)
- 5 omega-3 enriched eggs
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Mince onion and chop garlic. Preheat small to medium sized frypan on low.
- Sauté onion over medium heat, for about 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add garlic, ground lamb or turkey, and cook for another 3 minutes on medium heat, breaking up clumps.
- Add kale and 2 TBS water. Reduce heat to low and continue to cook covered for about 5 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper, and mix.
- Beat eggs, season with a pinch of salt and pepper, and pour on top of mixture evenly. Cook on low for another 2 minutes without stirring.
- Place frypan under the grill, about 7 inches from the heat source so it has time to cook without the top burning. As soon as the eggs are firm, it is done, about 2-3 minutes.
Recipe adapted from the World’s Healthiest Foods
Nutritional Information Per Serve:
Protein: 26.13 g