Calories Per Serve: 394
Time To Prepare: 25min
- 4 x 200g Salmon Fillet, bones removed or feel free to use whatever fish you like (sardines, blue eye, snapper all work really well)
- 500 g green peas (fresh or frozen)
Avocado Salsa Verde:
- 1 avocado, peeled and stone removed (200g)
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 bunch flat-leaf (Italian) parsley
- 1 small bunch mint leaves
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- Sea salt and white pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 200 C / 400 F.
- To make the avocado salsa verde:
- Combine the avocado, lemon juice, parsley, mint and 1/4 cup (60 ml) of the water in a good high speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add the rest of the water and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Season with a little sea salt and pepper then set aside in the fridge until needed
To make the Salmon Fillets and Peas:
- Cook salmon fillets, skin side down in an ovenproof pan with a little olive oil over a medium heat for 2 3 minutes.
- Place the pan in the oven to finish cooking the salmon for another 4 5 minutes to finish cooking.
- Cook peas for 5 minutes then drain.
- Smash them with a potato masher, adding 2 heaped tablespoons of the avocado salsa verde.
- Serve a scoop of mashed green peas onto serving plates and top with a piece of roasted salmon.
- Garnish with a little lemon and drizzle a little salsa verde around.
Recipe adapted from Teresa Cutter The Healthy Chef
Nutritional Information Per Serve:
Protein: 46 g