Calories Per Serve: 195
Time To Prepare: 10min
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup quinoa flakes
- 2 apples, chopped or grated with skin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground linseed (flaxseed) or LSA (linseed, sunflower seed, almonds)
- Combine flakes with the water in a pot and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat add the vanilla and cinnamon, stir continuously until the quinoa is cooked and creamy in texture (approximately 3-5 minutes).
- Cook for longer if you like a thicker porridge add more milk if needed for a creamier texture.
- Spoon into serving bowls and enjoy.
- Serving Tip: Top with a little extra fruit like sliced banana or use fresh or dried figs or prunes.
Recipe adapted from Teresa Cutter The Healthy Chef
Nutritional Information Per Serve:
Protein: 8.3 g