This recipe was developed by nutritionist Kristin Murray from Lifestyle Nutrition.
Nutrition Fact: Oats contain a powerful soluble fibre called beta-glucan. Beta-glucan contributes to an increased feeling of fullness and also promotes the growth of good bacteria in the gut. Having a diverse range of good gut bacteria is important for supporting your immune system to avoid infection.
|Prep Time||2 minutes|
|Cook Time||6 minutes|
- 1 1/2 cups oats (or buckwheat flakes for GF option)
- 500 mL dairy milk (or almond milk for DF option)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tsp cinnamon (ground)
- 2 green or red apples
- 40 grams walnuts
- Chop walnuts into small pieces and set aside. Finely chop apple.
- Place oats or buckwheat flakes, almond milk, apple and cinnamon into a pot and bring to the boil. Turn the heat to simmer and while the porridge thickens. Stir in maple syrup and tuck in!
- This recipe can be made gluten and dairy-free.
This recipe was developed by Kristin Murray from Lifestyle Nutrition. Kristin is a Brisbane based nutritionist who is passionate about providing education in the science behind nutrition and healthy eating. Through Lifestyle Nutrition, Kristin creates and provides recipes that are achievable in the fast-paced world we live in and she hopes to inspire you to find your own sustainable healthy routine!