|Prep Time||30 minutes|
- 700 - 800 grams lamb mince or chickpeas
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 1 tsp fresh ginger (grated)
- 3 tsps curry powder
- 2 cups basmati rice (cooked)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 tbsps natural greek yoghurt or DF alternative (to serve)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Heat a non-stick frypan over medium heat, add onions and cook for 5 minutes until soft and fragrant. Add ginger and cook for another minute.
- If using lamb: Add lamb and cook for 4-5 minutes, splitting it up with a wooden spoon as you brown it.
- If adding chickpeas: combine chickpeas, 1 tbsp of oil, curry powder and ½ tsp cracked salt in fry pan and cook for one minute.
- Add rice and stock to lamb/chickpeas and cover, bringing to a gentle simmer, and cooking for 10 minutes or until rice is tender and evenly coated.
- Add peas, and spinach and cover, on low heat to heat through and rest. Toss to combine and add salt and pepper as desired.
- Divide between bowls and serve topped with natural yoghurt.