Nutrition Fact: A tasty and satisfying meal full of protein and vegetables! This recipe goes well with lamb, beef, chicken or tofu so it’s your choice what protein you choose to add! Have for dinner and enjoy the leftovers for weekday lunches!
|Cook Time||30-40 minutes|
- 500 grams lamb strips (or firm tofu cubes)
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice (rinsed and cooked according to instructions)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (for protein)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (for vegetables)
- 1 small brown onion (finely diced)
- 1 medium red capsicum (sliced into thin strips, cut in half)
- 1 medium yellow capsicum (sliced into thin strips, cut in half)
- 1 cup green beans (cut in thirds)
- 3 carrots (sliced on angle in thin rounds)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp Panang curry paste
- 400 ml can coconut milk
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tbsps peanut butter
- 1 tbsp tamari sauce
- 2 tsps brown sugar
- 1 lime (juiced)
- fresh chopped basil (optional)
- 1/2 cup raw cashew nuts (optional)
- Cook rice using your preferred method, according to instructions. Cover and let the rice rest for 10 minutes or longer, until you’re ready to serve. Just before serving, season the rice with salt to taste and fluff it with a fork.
- Heat oil on frying pan on medium heat. Add lamb and cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until lamb is browned. Remove from heat and place lid on pan to keep hot while you cook vegetables.
- Heat oil on medium heat and add onion and salt and cook until onion is fragrant, soft and slightly translucent.
- Add capsicums, carrots and beans. Cook for approximately 4 minutes or until they can be pierced by a fork. Now add in lamb and stir for 1 minute.
- Add garlic and curry paste and cook while stirring for 1 minute. Add coconut milk and water and stir to combine. Bring mixture to simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low to simmer curry until carrots are at desired softness.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in tamari, peanut butter, sugar, lime juice and a pinch of salt.
- Spoon rice into bowls, followed by curry and optional fresh basil and/or cashew nuts.