A simple and nutritious fried rice inspired recipe by nutritionist, naturopath and recipe developer Casey-Lee Lyons from Live Love Nourish.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 large, free-range eggs (whisked)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 red chilli (chopped)
- 1 large carrot (finely diced)
- 3 cups quinoa (pre-cooked, you can also use brown rice)
- 1 cup peas (frozen)
- 3 spring onions (chopped)
- 1-2 tbsp tamari (wheat free soy sauce; or to taste)
- 1/4 cup roasted cashews (roughly chopped)
- 1/4 cup roasted almonds (roughly chopped)
- Coriander (to serve)
- Melt half coconut oil in a large frying pan. Pour in egg, moving around pan to make a thin crepe. Cook through. Remove from pan and roughly chop. Set aside.
- Add remaining oil, garlic, chilli and carrot. Cook, stirring frequently for 2 mins.
- Add pre-cooked quinoa, frozen peas, spring onions and tamari and stir to combine well. Cook until heated through
- Stir through cashews and almonds just before serving. Serve with fresh coriander.
Casey-Lee Lyons is a naturopath, nutritionist, recipe developer and founder of Live Love Nourish. She is passionate about inspiring health and happiness through easy-to-understand nutritional and lifestyle advice. Casey-Lee’s refreshing approach to gluten, dairy and sugar-free nutrition has helped many people improve their health, increase energy, find their natural weight, improve gut and digestive health, balance hormones, heal cravings and more.
Instagram @livelovenourishaus Facebook @livelovenourish