- 1 cup kale (stem removed and shredded)
- 1/4-1/3 cup quinoa or buckwheat (cooked)
- 1/3 cup pumpkin or sweet potato (baked)
- 1/2 cup cauliflower florets (steamed)
- 1/4-1/2 avocado (chopped)
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 tbsp sauerkraut or fermented vegetables
- 1 tbsp almonds (roasted and chopped)
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- olive oil (extra virgin)
- lemon juice
- 1 wedge lemon or lime (to serve)
- 1-2 free-range, organic eggs OR
- 1 small portion salmon or chicken (cooked) OR
- 1/2 cup slow-cooked meat OR
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa, legumes or lentils
- In a mixing bowl, massage kale with olive oil and lemon juice for a few minutes until tender. Allow to sit whilst prepare other veggies and choice of protein.
- Arrange serving bowl with kale, quinoa, veggies, avocado, tomatoes, sauerkraut and protein.
- Drizzle with a generous amount of olive oil.
- Sprinkle with chopped almonds and sesame seeds.
Choose only one of the above protein options.
Casey-Lee Lyons is a naturopath, nutritionist, recipe developer and founder of Live Love Nourish. She is passionate about inspiring health and happiness through easy-to-understand nutritional and lifestyle advice. Casey-Lee’s refreshing approach to gluten, dairy and sugar-free nutrition has helped many people improve their health, increase energy, find their natural weight, improve gut and digestive health, balance hormones, heal cravings and more.
Instagram @livelovenourishaus Facebook @livelovenourish