|Prep Time||25 minutes|
|Cook Time||40 minutes|
- 1 cup almond meal
- 2 1/2 cup rolled oats or quinoa flakes (GF)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sunflower or coconut oil (melted)
- 4 tbsps. maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsps. lemon rind
- 300 grams frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam (optional - for a more gooey finish)
- 2 tbsps. Chia seeds
- Preheat the oven to 160 ºC. Line a square 8 x 8 baking pan with baking paper and set aside.
- Add 2 cups of oats to a blender and blend until they have become an oat flour. Transfer to a large bowl and add remaining oats so that the mixture now has chunks of oats.
- Add remaining crumble ingredients (almond meal, brown sugar, oil, maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla extract). Combine ingredients using hands or wooden spoon until mixture has formed into a sticky dough.
- Measure out ½ a cup of the dough and set aside for the topping.
- Lightly wet your hands before spreading the remaining mixture into the bottom, sides and corners of the pan.
- To make raspberry mixture: clean blender and add frozen raspberries, (jam-optional) blend until all raspberries are broken down into little pieces. Transfer to a bowl and add lemon rind and chia seeds and spread filling over the crust. Grab remaining oat dough and crumble over the top of the slice evenly.
- Bake until the top is golden brown or until the raspberry fling is bubbling deliciously. Let the slice cool before slicing.
This recipe was developed for Studio Pilates by Kristin Murray from Lifestyle Nutrition. Kristin is a Brisbane-based nutritionist who is passionate about providing education in the science behind nutrition and healthy eating. Through Lifestyle Nutrition, Kristin creates and provides recipes that are achievable in the fast-paced world we live in and she hopes to inspire you to find your own sustainable healthy routine!