|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 2 garlic cloves (finely grated)
- 3cm piece ginger (finely grated)
- 3cm piece tumeric (finely grated)
- 2 tbsp red curry paste (you might want to add more or less depending on your spice preference)
- 400 mls coconut milk
- 3 cups reduced salt chicken stock
- 400-500 grams diced chicken thigh or breast, prawns or tofu
- 4 cups chopped greens of your choice (i.e. broccolini, asparagus, snow peas, zucchini, bok choy)
- 2 tsp each of fish sauce, lime juice & brown sugar
- 100 grams vermicelli rice noodles
- cherry tomatoes, red onion, fresh chilli, coriander, mint to garnish (use whatever you would like here)
- Heat wok or large saucepan over medium heat. Add oil, followed by garlic, ginger and turmeric. Fry for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add curry paste. Cook for 2 mins or until fragrant. Add coconut milk and stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce to simmer.
- Add chicken (or protein of choice) and cook through. Add greens and simmer for a further 3 mins or until tender.
- Add fish sauce, lime juice and palm sugar, adjusting to taste.
- Meanwhile, prepare noodles following packet directions. Divide noodles among large serving bowls. Pour soup mixture over the noodles. Top with garnishes of choice.
This recipe was created by Leah Stjernqvist from Balance Nutrition. Leah is an Accredited Practising Dietitian with more than five years' private practice experience. Her passion for food and cooking has shown her the positive impact food can have on everyday life, which is why each recipe is created with simplicity and balance in mind.
Discover more recipes and nutrition advice on Leah's website and Instagram.