Calories Per Serve: 360
Time To Prepare: 20 minutes
- 11/2 lb salmon fillet, deboned and skin removed cut into 4 pieces
- 3 cups thinly sliced washed cucumber, do not peel
- 2 tsp minced jalapeno pepper, seeds and stem removed (If you like food less spicy, use less jalapeno)
- 1/2 cup chopped spring onion (shallots)
- 3 TBS chopped fresh coriander
- 11/2 TBS chopped fresh mint
- 2 + 1 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 1 TBS soy sauce
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Rub salmon with 2 tsp fresh lemon juice, salt and pepper. (You can cook with the skin on; it just takes a minute or two longer. The skin will peel right off after cooking.)
- While pan is heating, prepare the remaining five ingredients.
- Pull pan away from heat and place salmon on hot pan, skin side down without adding any oil. Salmon has many natural oils and they will come out when cooking. Keep in mind that it is cooking rapidly on both sides so it will be done very quickly, usually in 7 minutes depending on thickness. Test with a fork for doneness. It will flake easily when it is cooked. Salmon is best when it is still pink inside.
- While salmon is cooking, whisk together lemon juice, soy sauce, olive oil, salt and pepper. When ready to serve toss with cucumber mixture. Do not toss ahead as it will dilute the flavour.
- Place cucumber salad on a platter and place salmon on top. Garnish with a sprig of coriander and serve.
Recipe adapted from the World’s Healthiest Foods
Nutritional Information per Serve:
Protein: 35.64 g