Calories Per Serve: 106
Time To Prepare: 20 minutes
- 1 Spanish onion, diced
- 1 red chilli (seeded and chopped) optional
- 800 g chopped tomato (canned or fresh)
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 sticks celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon, smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons, tomato paste
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 1 tin brown lentils (with drained from tin)
- Black pepper to season
- Optional: Plain coconut yogurt and a little parsley to garnish
- Sauté onion, chilli if using, celery and carrot in a large pot with 1 tsp olive or grape seed oil for a few minutes until lightly golden.
- Add the tomatoes, paprika, cinnamon and tomato paste and cook through for a few minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and simmer the soup for 15 minutes until slightly reduced and thickened.
- Add the lentils and mix through then season with black pepper.
- Serve in bowls and garnish with a little thick natural yoghurt and fresh chopped parsley.
For a protein boost add in chunks of white fish fillet or a tin of cannellini beans in the last 10 minutes of cooking.
Recipe adapted from Teresa Cutter The Healthy Chef
Nutritional Information Per Serve:
Protein: 7.5 g