Huevos rancheros don’t have to take a long time to prepare. Try this easy-to-prepare version for a breakfast treat you can make on a work day!
Calories Per Serve: 591
Time To Prepare: 15 minutes
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 can black beans, drained and mashed
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 avocado, sliced
- Chopped coriander, to taste
- Optional: fresh diced tomato and cayenne pepper
- Poach eggs.
- Heat beans in a skillet while eggs are cooking.
- Remove beans from heat and mix in olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Add a pinch of cayenne for spicy beans.
- Place beans on plate, top with poached eggs, avocado, fresh diced tomato and coriander.
Recipe adapted from the World’s Healthiest Foods
Nutritional Information Per Serve:
Protein: 29.29 g