Calories Per Serve: 252 (2 skewers)
Time To Prepare: 20 minutes
Serves: 4 (Recipe makes about 8 skewers)
- 300 g firm tofu, cut into cubes or chicken breast
- 2 zucchini cut into chunks
- 250 g cherry tomatoes
- 300 g button mushrooms
- 1 red capsicum cut into chunks
- 1/2 pineapple, cut into chunks
- Salad leaves, to serve
- 1/2 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 60 g (1/4 cup) almond butter
- 2 tablespoons gluten free tamari soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Squeeze of lime juice
- Preheat grill (broiler) to hot.
- Thread the tempeh or chicken, zucchini, tomatoes, mushrooms, capsicum and pineapple chunks onto skewers.
- Arrange onto a baking or grilling tray lined with foil and spray with a little olive oil.
- Grill (broil) for 1015 minutes until golden. Make sure to turn the kebabs over halfway through cooking.
- Make the satay sauce by combining the onion, garlic and ginger in a small saucepan and cooking for 3 minutes over a medium heat using 1 teaspoon olive oil or a little water.
- Add the almond butter, soy sauce, honey, lime juice and 60 ml (½ cup) water.
- Cook for another minute adding more water if necessary.
- Arrange the kebabs over a bed of salad leaves and spoon over the satay sauce. Serve immediately.
Note: If using wooden skewers, soak them in cold water for 15 minutes before using.
Recipe adapted from Teresa Cutter The Healthy Chef
Nutritional Information Per Skewer:
Protein: 12.2 g