The Studio Pilates Anatomy Course teaches you everything you need to know about the anatomy body in order to become a world-class Pilates instructor. This course combines both an online anatomy training centre featuring instructional learning videos with a (live) ZOOM tutorial.
Online Pre-Course Study (40 Hours)
The online study for this course involves reading through your manual and watching anatomy workshop videos (on the bones, joints and muscles) online. You will also be watching revision videos and completing 3 online pre course exams to help consolidate your learning.
You complete this online study in full (40 hours) before attending the 4 hour Anatomy ZOOM workshop on your scheduled date.
Live Practical Workshop (1/2 Day) – Fully Online via Zoom
Because of the online, pre-course study, you come into the 1/2 day practical workshop with a really comprehensive understanding of Anatomy. The practical workshop is similar to a university tutorial or revision session where you will workshop all of the anatomy components and have a chance to ask any questions about your learning.
WHY THIS COURSE
- The Studio Pilates Anatomy Course makes learning the bones, muscles and joints simple and easy
- Learn your anatomy from a physiotherapist who is teaching you the specific science which you need to apply in your Pilates instructing
- You gain a more comprehensive understanding of anatomy compared to what you learn in a Certificate III or IV in Fitness
- Online learning means you get to work at your own pace
- You get support from us while you study
- Comprehensive online videos mean that you are walked through every step of your learning with an interactive video as opposed to simply studying a manual at home.
- Learn in a practical manner – you are taught where and how to feel the muscles working and how to apply this knowledge to Pilates exercises
- You benefit from audio, visual and kinaesthetic learning tools to ensure that no matter what your learning style is, we’ve got you covered
- Consolidate your learning in a one day practical, (live) ZOOM workshop in which you revise all of the course content and where you are able to ask questions
- Learn anatomical terminology
- Learn about the Skeletal System including bone structure and function
- Learn about joints and joint movement including intervertebral, shoulder, elbow, wrist, hip, pelvis, knee, and ankle/foot joints
- Learn about muscle structure and function
- Learn about muscle levers and muscle terminology
- Learn about muscles that move the body
None – there are no prerequisites for this course.
This course has been approved by a number of leading health and fitness bodies. If you are a member of any of the following health or fitness bodies, you are able to claim professional development points upon completion of this course.
- 9 CECs through Fitness Australia (AUS)*
* You must be a registered Group Exercise/ Gym Instructor in order to attain Fitness Australia CECs
As a part of this course, you are assessed in a variety of ways –
- 3 online multiple choice pre-course exams (part of pre-course study)
- 1 online multiple choice post-course exam (after the practical workshop)