At Studio Pilates International, we offer all allied health professionals and Rehabilitation specialists the opportunity to enhance your skills by adding Pilates to your treatment repertoire. This course has been designed by Physiotherapists as an aid to help improve therapy outcomes in both outpatient and inpatient settings. You will learn in a practical way that gets you plenty of practice performing the exercises and experience teaching clients so that you can apply what you’ve learned straight away.
In this four day course, you will learn the basic theories and principles of Pilates, along with a series of exercises on both the mat and reformer. Modifications for different strength and injury levels are given to cater for those with movement restrictions. This course will enable you to take patients through a program for rehabilitative and fitness purposes, covering issues such as programming for specific injuries, systemic pathologies and pregnancy. The curriculum includes pre course study through our Online Training Centre, as well as the practical four day course.
- 20 hours online pre-course study then
- 4 day practical course
WHY THIS COURSE?
- Ability to teach Pilates classes in a range of different settings – from individual clients to large classes for both rehabilitation exercise and preventative health
- Gain confidence to instruct over 50 matwork exercises and over 70 reformer exercises
- Learn how to take a group class safely and give different levels
- Learn both matwork and reformer at the same time – this means that you can go straight into teaching reformer, which is a valuable rehabilitation tool
- We don’t simply teach you the Pilates exercises, we actually teach you how to instruct your clients using our famous Studio Pilates International® Cueing Formula
- Become familiar with the Studio Pilates Cueing Formula to retrain movement biomechanics
- The 4 day course is incredibly practical and hands on – you get to experience all of the exercises, feel them in your body AND practise teaching another person those exercises
- Learn how to use your Pilates repertoire to treat a range of different physical pathologies and injuries such as osteoporosis, neck problems, sciatica, muscle strain, instability, SIJ problems and disc problems
- Learn how to safely and confidently deliver different repertoires to injured clients
- Learn how to use Pilates to perform a physical assessment on a client
- Learn how to assess poor movement patterns as well as posture and core stability
- Learn how to correctly activate your clients’ deep core stabilisers
- Learn about pregnancy and post-natal issues and the implications for Pilates
- Learn about pre/post pregnancy Pilates classes and women’s health related issues
- Enrol with confidence that you are gaining your Pilates certification from the leaders in Pilates instructor training, who own and run the longest running clinical studio in Brisbane
- Benefit from a course which has been created by Physiotherapists specifically for Allied Health Professionals
- Gain insight into the history and basic founding principles of Pilates
- You receive access to Australia’s most comprehensive online training resource which not only contains videos on Pilates principles, postural assessments, health and safety, learning modalities, pregnancy and common injuries, but also workshops every single Pilates exercise which you will cover in your course.
CERTIFICATION PATHWAYS FOR ALLIED HEALTH PROFESSIONALS
As an Allied Health Professional, you have two options with your Pilates instructor learning. You can either enrol in Rehab Level 1 or choose to enrol in Matwork and Reformer separately. Which option you chose depends on many factors including the demands of your career, the knowledge which you need to obtain after completing your certification, ability to travel to a city which holds the Rehab Level 1 Courses and budget.
As a prerequisite to enrolling in this course, you –
- Must be an Allied Health Professional to enrol in this course
- Have access to high speed internet (ADSL 2+ or Cable) as well as an up to date web browser to stream online video content
This course has been approved by a number of leading health and fitness bodies. If you are a member of any of the following health or fitness bodies, you are able to claim professional development points upon completion of this course.
– Health Practitioners – earn CPD hours through AHPRA (AUS) to maintain annual registration
As a part of this course, you are assessed in a variety of ways –
- Online multiple choice pre-course exam
- Practical assessment at the course
- Online multiple choice post-course exam