The Studio Pilates International Pilates for Back Pain Course allows you to gain further knowledge about back injuries and their implications for Pilates. This course takes the back pain information which you learn in the Matwork Course to the next level, covering specific back pain programming and issues in greater detail and giving you more confidence in instructing clients with back injuries.
The course is delivered completely online and includes an extensive online training centre featuring a digital manual and comprehensive video workshops.
WHY THIS COURSE?
- 28 new back pain specific exercises & modifications
- Receive 12 sample back pain class programs
- Breakdown of the most common back injuries and their implications for Pilates, including Disc Injuries, Disc Replacement, Spinal Fusion, Sciatica, Facet / Z Joint Problems, Osteoarthritis, Thoracic Spine Pain, Sacro Iliac Joint Problems, Pubic Bone Problems and Spondylolisthesis
- How to modify and troubleshoot each Matwork exercise for back pain
- How to program for and progress a client through the acute, sub acute and ongoing stages of their injury
- Before, during and after class client care guidelines
- Printable resources to utilise in your Pilates business including a printable back pain client questionnaire, back pain initial assessment, and client home exercise program
- Printable informative handout to give clients detailing how Pilates can help their back injury
- Revision of muscle recruitment tests and how these can be utilised for back pain clients
- Revision of postural types and how these can make clients prone to back injuries
- Anatomy revision of the vertebral column, axial muscles and appendicular muscles
As a prerequisite to enrolling in this course, you –
- Must be enrolled in or have completed the Studio Pilates Matwork Course
- Have access to high speed internet (ADSL 2+ or Cable) as well as an up to date web browser to stream online video content
Pilates Instructors Trained By Another Education Provider
Please note that you are only able to enrol in this course if you are currently enrolled in or have previously completed Studio Pilates’ Matwork Course. You must bridge across to the Studio Pilates method prior to completing any of our ongoing education courses. Click here for more information.
As a part of this course, you complete the following assessment
- Online multiple choice exam