The Studio Pilates® Reformer Course is a comprehensive course designed to teach you how to instruct using the Pilates Reformer. This course follows on from the Studio Pilates® Matwork Certification course.
PLEASE NOTE: The information is accurate as at 21 January 2015. As of 2017, the Reformer Course has been updated.
- Studio Pilates® Matwork Certification
- Approximately 30 hours of pre course study and practice
- Complete the online pre-course theory exam prior to the course, the post-course online theory exam after the course
Course includes 2 manuals which are included in the cost of your course, these are:
- Body Essentials 2 Manual Peripheral injuries 40 pages
- Reformer Exercise Manual 120 Basic to Intermediate Reformer exercises, including prerequisite for each exercise, set up, breathing and movement, cueing, corrections/common mistakes, modifications and injuries/caution – 247 pages
Reformer Course Outline:
Day 1 8 hours
- Learn and practice performing and teaching basic to intermediate stretches and abdominal exercises
Day 2 – 8 hours
- Learn and practice performing and teaching basic to intermediate gluteal, leg and side exercises
Day 3 8 hours
- Learn and practicing performing and teaching back and shoulder/arm exercises
- Common peripheral injuries
- Programming for injury rehabilitation (spinal and peripheral joints), hard workouts, athletes, pregnancy and small group classes
Day 4 8 hours
- How to take a small group session safely and practice the coordination of taking several clients at once
- Review of all exercises and practice teaching and practical exam
To learn more and to have a conversation about Studio Pilates certification courses, simply call our education department on 07 3899 4555 or 0488 014 618
Studio Pilates International courses are registered with these fitness bodies**
* You must be a registered Group Exercise/ Gym Instructor in order to attain Fitness Australia CECs
**Fitness Australia approve the education delivered within the Scope of Practice for Registered Exercise Professionals and have allocated CECs accordingly to this program. Fitness Australia however don’t recognise the title of becoming a Pilates Instructor as referred to within this program.